The James Cook University Medical Students Association (JCUMSA) was established in 2000 and is the peak representative body for medical students studying at JCU.
JCUMSA promotes and supports the well-being and interests of ALL our students irrespective of differences including, but not limited to gender, race, age, sexual orientation and/or religion.JCUMSA advocates for students on three levels. We work with the medical school locally to advocate about assessment, student feedback and improvements to our medical course. We work with the QLD Medical Students Council (QLDMSC) to advocate on a state level regarding changes to internships and during state elections. On a national level we work with the Australian Medical Students Association (AMSA) attending National Council and advocating on behalf of our students on national issues!
- President: Satyen Hargovan – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Vice President: Ritvik Gilhotra – email@example.com
- Events Vice President: Katherine Rimmer – firstname.lastname@example.org
- AMSA Liaison Officer: Reece Tso – email@example.com
- Secretary: Maisha Jamali – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Shaurya Jhamb – email@example.com
- Sponsorship Officer: Shalisa Maisrikrod – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community & Wellbeing Officer: James Conventon – email@example.com
- Media & Publications Officer: Lisa Fernandez – firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT Officer: Daniel Mahon – email@example.com
- Junior AMSA Rep: Isabelle Nehme
- Indigenous Student Rep: Racquel Ball
- International Student Rep: Harman Kaur
- Sports Reps: Aashay Nobre and Matilda Richardson